Contacts are the people you communicate with in your Client Portal. Most clients have just one contact, but you can have multiple contacts for the same client, and you can have contacts with access to multiple clients.
- If Reminders are enabled, your contacts will receive reminders about outstanding, unanswered questions.
- Learn more about reminders here: Notifying your client / reminders.
- If Assignable Questions are enabled, then you will be able to assign questions to different contacts. Once questions are assigned, they will only be visible in that contact's Client Portal.
- If Assignable Questions are not enabled, all contacts will see all questions in their Client Portal.
- Learn more about Assignable Questions here: Assignable Questions.
You can see your contacts for a particular client by going to that client's close, clicking Client Portal, and choosing the Contacts tab.
Emailing and texting your contacts
If you have multiple contacts for a client, you can choose which one of them to email or text by selecting them from the Send To picker.
To see what your clients will see when they go to your Client Portal, click the Preview button in the Contacts tab.
Contacts for multiple clients (Merged Client Portals)
If you have a contact who has multiple companies, you can give them access to both companies so they can see all their questions in one place.
To set this up:
- Email-authenticated Client Portals.
- Then, create a contact for that client.
- In the other related clients, upgrade their portals, and click "Continue Without Contact."
- Finally, go to your Practice Settings -> Client Portal Settings -> All Contacts and add the other related clients to the contact you created in step 2.
In their Client Portal, they will be able to choose between the different companies you manage for them.