How Templates Copying Works
There are a few basic principles to know about how Templates work in Keeper:
- Templates never delete existing tasks from the client
- If a task in a close and in the template share the same name, then templates will overwrite:
- Due date
- So for example, if you have a task named "Soft close books" in the client and "Soft close books" in the template, then when you apply the template, whatever the template has for that task will update that task in the client
- Template tasks with blank values do NOT overwrite tasks in the close that have values
- If you have an assignee or due date for "Soft close books" in the client but not in the template, then applying the template will not overwrite that assignee or due date (1.0)
- You can delete tasks from a close template (1.1)
- Following from Rule (1) and Rule (4), tasks that are deleted from the template will not delete those tasks from the Client.
Updated 03 Mar 2023
Did this page help you?